Hiking Safari Psari, Kalergi, Samaria, Omalos, TherissosExplore Psari Summit, Kalergi refuge, Samaria Gorge, Omalos Plateau, Therissos
The Samaria Gorge might be one of the greatest in Europe but the mountains and routes surrounding it are equally impressive and grand. Psari summit standing at around 2000 meters is the balcony of Samaria and is approached by our company in the best possible way.
After the picturesque village of Lakkoi, a hidden dirt road will lead us directly deep in the mountains and after we climb up the beautiful gorge we will leave the cars at the old entrance of the Samaria Gorge, a place called Poria. Our hiking will start from there along a cane trail of E4 of average difficulty at the boundaries of the national gorge. On our right is the vast gorge, seen from an angle few have enjoyed, while on our left laying like jewelry the innumerable summits of the White Mountains. Due to the altitude and the temperature we will barely sweat before we find ourselves at the top. A sea of summits peaks and gorges in front of us while the Libyan and Cretan Sea lie in the background. Our eyes have difficulty focusing on just one place and right before the chill settles in we start our way back.
A little later we take a rest enjoying a cup of mountain tea at the climbing refuge of Kallergi which is hanging over the cliffs of Samaria. Later on we will descend to lower altitudes and pass by beautiful villages completing our tour in the village of Therisso where we will enjoy a truly traditional Cretan meal. On our way back we will cross by car the Therisso gorge.
- Ideal for hiking or trekking groups, single or couple participants who are experienced in hiking.
- The trip has 1:30 hour walking up to Psari summit.
- The trip has guided stops every 30 to 40 minutes
- The trip is not recommended under 13 years old.
- Don’t forget your trekking equipment, a water flask, sun cream, and your camera.
- Free hotel pick up and drop off.
- English speaking group guide-drivers.
- Coffee or mountain tea at Kalergi Refuge.
- Lunch in Therissos.
- Mountain Guide, Liability Insurance and Local Taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
|Hiking Tour Info|
|Timetable||On Request April - October|
|Duration||Approx. 9 hrs|
|Covered distance||125 km|
|Level of difficulty||Medium|
|Prices||From 13- 99 Adults: 105.00€
All prices are per person and include VAT
all the following fields are required