- Introduction and welcome drink
- Vegetable picking from our own garden
- Cooking lessons in traditional Cretan recipes
- Taught in the private home kitchen of a local
- Hear the stories and origins behind each dish
- Secret rooms will present Crete through the ages
- Preparing the appetizers and dessert
- Wine tasting combined with cheese platters in Cretan varieties
- Savor the freshly made dinner along with good Cretan wine
- Discovering the secrets of the healthy Mediterranean diet
- Enjoying the fantastic view of Aegean Sea and the mountain around
- A nice surprise at the end
- Guiding by the place owners
Follow us to the extraordinary journey through the Cretan flavors and taste the real Cretan way of life. Up in the high peaks of the White Mountains you will prepare some traditional and extremely tasty home-made dishes. Using only healthy bio and organic Cretan ingredients like extra-virgin olive oil, fresh vegetables picked from our own garden, local meat, dairy products and the most aromatic herbs.
You will have the opportunity to walk around our vegetable gardens to see, feel, smell, touch and taste the pure products of Mother Earth. Your host will also reveal the secrets of local herbs, how the Cretan olive oil affects the people’s health and useful tips about the local products you will use. You will prepare a traditional Cretan recipe with your own hands, and you will get the knowledge of how the Cretans cooking.
After the magnificent cooking experience you will taste delicious Cretan wine paired with local cheese. The view of the mountain is breathtaking right out of our window. Enjoying the extraordinary wine you will feel just like it’s the heaven on earth! Later, after the tasting you will prepare some appetizers like “Ntakos” and “Tzatziki” and of course, the popular Cretan Cheese-pies “Kalitsouni”. Meanwhile the meal will be ready. You will taste your own dishes, paired with fruity local wine and taste some traditional jar desserts at the end. The healthy and unique Mediterranean diet and the well known Cretan food, has already been revealed in front of your eyes.
What is included in this tour?
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- English speaking, local driver/guide
- Wine and food tasting
- Liability insurance and local taxes.
- Certified services with ISO:9001
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Small-group cooking class
- Cooking lesson and meal
- Use of apron and cooking utensils
- All ingredients for your lunch
- Commemorative gifts
- Recipes and photos taken on tour are sent electronically via e-mail
What is not included in this tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Additional food and drinks
- Travel insurance
- Price per person:74€
- Schedule: All year – Every Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- Location: Chania
- Duration: Approximately 6-7 hours
- Pick-up times: 14:00-14:30
- Tour starts: 15:00
- Children price: Children 2-12 years old : 55€
Terms & Conditions
- Wine tasting is not allowed for children under 18 years old. Water or fresh orange juice will be offered instead.
- The company reserves the right to make minor changes in the program when this is considered necessary, for example in case of unfavorable weather conditions. This can be done without prior notice.
- Reservations must be made 24 hours before the tour. A cancellation must be done 5 days before the tour. In case of later cancellations, no refund will be made from the company.
- If a tour is cancelled due to few participants or bad weather conditions, the company will refund 100% of made payments
Create Your Private Tour with Us
If you wish to book your own wine tour with your family or friends, we will be happy to create with you the schedule and give you some nice ideas for a memorable tour. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for a unique offer – (Every Day Upon Request (Min pax: 4))