- Introduction and welcome drink
- Vegetable picking from the family garden
- Cooking class of traditional Cretan recipes
- Experience the use of the old wood-oven
- Hear the stories and origins behind each dish
- Wine tasting combined with cheese platters in Cretan varieties
- Tour around the theme rooms of the family house
- Introduction of the Cretan weaving tradition
- Admire extraordinary artifacts of the past and learn about the Cretan way of life in the previous centuries
- Feel part of a local family inside an embracing environment
- Enjoy the spectacular front and rear view of the cottage to the sea and the mountain
- Savor the freshly made dinner along with good Cretan wine
Follow us to the extraordinary journey through the Cretan flavors and taste the real Cretan way of life. Up in the high peaks of the White Mountains, you will prepare some traditional and extremely tasty home-made dishes. Using only healthy organic Cretan ingredients like extra-virgin olive oil, fresh vegetables picked from the garden, dairy products and the most aromatic herbs.
You will have the chance to walk around our vegetable gardens to see, feel, smell, touch and taste the pure products of Mother Earth. Your host will also reveal the secrets of local herbs, how the Cretan olive oil affects the people’s health and useful tips about the local products you will use. You will prepare a traditional Cretan recipe with your own hands, learn how Cretans cook.
After the magnificent cooking experience you will taste delicious Cretan wine paired with local cheese. The view of the mountain is breathtaking right out of our window. Enjoying the extraordinary wine you will feel just like it’s heaven on earth! Later, after the tasting you will prepare some appetizers like “Ntakos” and “Tzatziki” and of course, the popular Cretan Cheese-pies “Kalitsouni”. You will definitely love the bread-making as well. In the meanwhile, the meal will be ready. You will taste your own dishes, paired with fruity local wine and taste some traditional jar desserts at the end. The healthy Mediterranean diet and the famous Cretan cuisine have already been revealed in front of your eyes.
What is included in this tour?
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- English speaking, local driver/escort – host
- Local Cook
- Wine and food tasting
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus/minivan
- Traditional Cretan dinner
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Small-group cooking class (up to 18pax)
- Use of apron and cooking utensils
- All ingredients for your dinner
- Commemorative gifts
- Recipes and photos taken on tour are sent via e-mail
What is not included in this tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Schedule: March to October – Every Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- Location: Chania, Crete
- Duration: Approximately 6 hours
- Minimum participation: 2pax
- Maximum participation: 18pax
- Tour type: Small group tour
- Pick-up times: 15:40-17:00 am
- Tour starts: 17:10 pm
Terms & Conditions
- Wine tasting is not allowed for children under 18 years old. Water or fresh orange juice will be offered instead.
- The company reserves the right to make minor changes in the program when this is considered necessary, for example in case of unfavorable weather conditions. This can be done without prior notice.
- Reservations must be made 24 hours before the tour. A cancellation must be done 5 days before the tour for 50% refund. In case of later cancellations, no refund will be made from the company.
- If a tour is cancelled due to low participation or bad weather conditions, the company will refund 100% of made payments
- In case of allergies, tolerances or food preferences please inform the company in advance.
- For the “cold months” of spring and autumn, we advise the clients to have a jacket with them
Create Your Private Tour with Us
If you wish to book your own wine tour with your family or friends, we will be happy to create with you the schedule and give you some nice ideas for a memorable tour. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for a unique offer – (Every Day Upon Request (Min pax: 4))