- Discover the historical heritage of Chania city
- Explore the hidden spots of the old town and the Venetian harbor
- Enjoy the walk through the narrow streets and the flower-decorated neighborhoods
- Learn about the history, culture and traditions of Crete
- Live the experience with a licensed professional local guide
- Visit the most unknown paths of Chania city
If you have visited Chania just to admire the famous monuments and the well-known spots inside the Old Town and the Venetian Harbor, this tour is not for you. This is something that anyone can do and probably you have already done! In this tour, you will do something totally different! There are streets, buildings, high spots, neighborhoods, monuments that only the locals, know. You will walk on the stone-paths where the Venetians, the Ottomans and the old Cretans used to live and work.
You will admire the incredible flower-decorated neighborhoods, learn about the Cretan history, mythology and traditions, meet the locals and eat like locals. Join us in a unique tour through the ages and explore the other side of the city. You will visit neighborhoods like Topanas, Splantzia, Kolombo and Kasteli, high spots to admire the panoramic view of the harbor, traditional Cretan shops and magnificent buildings.
You will also visit the ancient ruins of the great Minoan city, Kydonia and the high walls of the Byzantine-Venetian moats. The most important thing that you will learn from this tour is that in two hours you will tour and learn about five old civilizations, see their architecture, know about their culture and hear the ancient spirits history and tales!
*Remember to wear sensible shoes for the walk.
What is included in this tour
- Licensed-professional local guide
- Bottled water per person
- Analytic information of Crete’s history
What is not included in this tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick up and drop off
Price per person: 60€
- Children: Children 6-12 years old are FREE
- Children 12 + years old are paying adult price
- Schedule: All Year – Every Thursday
- Starting time: 16:00 (Spring & Autumn), 18:00 (Summer)
- Tour type: Small group tour (Up to 14 people)
*Note: There is availability for private tours upon request
- Available languages: English
- Location: Chania, Crete
- Duration: Approximately 2-2.5 hours
- Starting Point: GS Tours Chania Ltd offices
– Address: Episkopou Chrysanthou 37 str. Chania, Crete, Greece
Terms & Conditions:
- The company reserves the right to make minor changes in the program when this is considered necessary, for example in case of unfavorable weather conditions. This can be done without prior notice.
- Reservations must be made 24 hours before the tour. A cancellation must be done 5 days before the tour for 50% refund. In case of later cancellations, no refund will be made from the company.
- If a tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions, low participation or force majeure, the company will refund 100% of made payments.
Create your Private Tour with Us:
Above mentioned prices are for group participation. If you wish to book your own tour only with your family or perhaps colleagues, we will be happy to give you prices and ideas for a memorable tour. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for a unique offer.