- Taste different varieties of Cretan and international wine
- Details about wine making traditions in Crete and the art of food pairing
- Delicious gastronomy experiences
- Explore the cellars of each winery and see where the wine is bottled and matured
- Visit the oldest olive tree in the world and admire incredible museum exhibits
- Learn about local viticulture, grapes, and vine-growing
- Chauffeured private tour ensures a more relaxing and personal experience
- Learn how to properly taste wine and sample organic varietals paired with locally produced meat or cheese
- Discover the history and mythology of Crete
Today you will travel through wonderful nature’s landscapes. Up to the mountains of Kydonia and Kissamos region, you will learn about wine varieties of the traditional family winery, established in 1993, with specialized knowledge on wine making and fresh ideas for modern processes of farming and wine production. You will sit between the olive trees, smelling the blossoms, diving deep into the nature’s miracle, tasting awarded local ‘’Vidiano’’, ‘’Muscat of Spinas’’, and some international varieties like ‘’Grenache Rouge’’, ‘’Syrah’’, ‘’Mouverde’’, that take a special taste because of the local Terroir.
An incredible taste stays on our palate while you’re leaving the winery, heading through an extraordinary path to traditional Cretan villages. In the winter time you smell the humid lands and the air whispering the winter’s songs, but in the summer time you enjoy watching the blooming vegetation and hearing the birds singing. Then you will visit an old village and the museum of oldest olive tree in the world which age is estimated at 3000 years old. The miracle of nature stands proud in front of us and its deep roots hold it through the ages.
This is a day full of wine tasting, different expressions of those noble grapes, and delicious food tasting. You will continue your journey heading to a beautiful winery in Kissamos region. You will taste a special local blended white wine with ‘’Vilana’’, ‘’Vidiano’’ and ‘’Assirtiko’’ varieties and other delicious wines. Also you will visit the olive oil factory that the family possesses and learn about the extra virgin olive oil production. The wine tasting accompanied with extra virgin olive oil and local pure products is a combination that your palate will never forget. Now you will see the Cretan way to say goodbye, drinking the awarded ‘’Tsikoudia’’.
What is included in this tour
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- English speaking, local driver/guide and wine specialists
- Museum entrance fee
- Wine and food tasting
- Olive oil tasting
- Liability insurance and local taxes
- Certified services with ISO:9001
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Small-group tour
What is not included in this tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Price per person: 80 €
- Schedule: All Year. Every Tuesday – Wednesday – Friday
- Location: Chania, Crete
- Duration: Approximately 6 hours
- Pick-up times: 09:00-09:30
- Tour starts: 09:30
- Children Price: Children 2-6 years old: Free
Children 7-12 years old: 55€
Terms & Conditions:
- Wine tasting is not allowed for children under 18 years old. Water or fresh orange juice will be offered instead.
Create Your Private Tour with Us:
If you wish to book your own wine tour with your family or friends, we will be happy to create with you the schedule and give you some nice ideas for a memorable tour. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for a unique offer.