- Discover the 5 civilization greatness in two hours and one city
- Discover the Venizelos house, the palace and Agia Magdalini church
- Enjoy a walk beside the sea in Tabakaria area
- Admire the the aristocratic neighborhood of Chania
- Delicious gastronomy experiences
- Learn about the history of Crete
- Optional dinner (extra 15€ per person)
One of the most important and historical places in Crete is Halepa area. The neighborhood of the noblemen and kings will present us the whole history and facts of 19th century. You will walk through great buildings to admire the miracle of the past centuries’ architecture.
Today Halepa, with its imposing mansions and luxury villas, is considered the aristocratic neighborhood of Chania. The house of Eleftherios Venizelos in Halepa is famous as the scene of the most important political events in 19th century. It was the site of the palace of the High Commissioner, i.e. the governor of semi-autonomous Crete during the time of the Cretan State. Here also were located the consulates of the Great Powers during the same period.
You will walk by the old buildings of “great school of diplomacy” and the French nuns School (girls) San Joseph guild. On Dagli Street is the church of Agia Magdalini (St Mary Magdalene), built in the Russian style. The church was built by Prince George of Greece in 1901-1903, when he was High Commissioner of Crete, with funds he brought from Russia. The church stands out due to its architectural style and Russian dome. There locates the new archaeological museum of Chania, an imposing modern building with terrific historical exhibits.
Halepa is also known for the big factories of leathers and the port of fishermen, Tabakaria area with the magnificent fish taverns. Optional tavern visit at the end of the tour at an additional cost of 15 euro per person (drinks not included) .There will be a menu with local tasters, meze. Remember to wear sensible shoes for the walk.
What is included in this tour
- Liability insurance and local taxes
- Certified services with ISO:9001
- Personal English/Greek/Norwegian speaking escort
What is not included in this tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Price per person: 20€
- Schedule: All Year Every Friday
Every Day – Availability and prices upon request for private tours
- Location: Chania, Crete
- Duration: Approximately 2 hours
- Tour Starts: 17:00
- Starting Point: Episkopou Chrysanthou 37 str. Chania, Crete, Greece
- Children Price: Children up to 6 years old: Free
Children 7 – 12 years old: 15€