Art and the City – Trikke Tour
- Discover the 5 civilization greatness in one city
- Explore the narrow streets of the old town
- Enjoy a ride through the historical sights of the old town and the Venetian harbor
- Visit 3 of the most famous museums in Chania
- Admire the monuments, architecture and feel the unique beauty around you
- Learn about the history of Crete
- Take photos and share the experience
- Enjoy the ride with your family or friends with the fun, eco and smart Trikke
The main subject of the tour is our civilization’s history, the Cretan culture and the specific living way back in the days. We will visit all the Old Town’s monuments combined with 3 museums. Firstly we will have the experience of seeing the Cretan’s lifestyle back in the days, then we will visit the Folklore museum of Chania, where we will travel through the centuries. Extraordinary exhibits and analytic details will teach us about the subjects of the past. There we will see the traditional uniforms and suits, the simple house tools and those things that nowadays are almost gone. After that, you will be “trikking” to the Byzantine/Post-Byzantine Collection, in the catholicon of the monastery of San Salvatore, a monument of the 15th century.
Finally we are heading to the Maritime Museum of Chania. The permanent exhibition includes 2.500 items, such as relics, objects found in the bottom of the sea, paintings, maps, photographs, models of ships, nautical equipment etc. The exhibits are organized in units, in chronological order from the Copper Age until today. There is also a special exhibition of sea environment, with a rich collection of shells from different places of the world.