- Discover the 5 civilization greatness in one city
- Explore the narrow streets of the old town
- Enjoy a ride through the historical sights of the old town and the Venetian harbor
- Visit 3 of the most famous museums in Chania
- Admire the monuments, architecture and feel the unique beauty around you
- Learn about the history of Crete
- Take photos and share the experience
- Enjoy the ride with your family or friends with the fun, eco and smart Trikke
The main subject of the tour is our civilization’s history, the Cretan culture and the specific living way back in the days. We will visit all the Old Town’s monuments combined with 3 museums. Firstly we will have the experience of seeing the Cretan’s lifestyle back in the days, then we will visit the Folklore museum of Chania, where we will travel through the centuries. Extraordinary exhibits and analytic details will teach us about the subjects of the past. There we will see the traditional uniforms and suits, the simple house tools and those things that nowadays are almost gone. After that we will be “trikking” to the Archaeological Museum. From the Minoan Civilization till the Venetian and Ottoman eras we will admire the statuettes, the ancient tools and weapons, inscriptions, vessels from ancient Kydonia and we will discover the greatness of those times.
Finally we are heading to the Maritime Museum of Chania. The permanent exhibition includes 2.500 items, such as relics, objects found in the bottom of the sea, paintings, maps, photographs, models of ships, nautical equipment etc. The exhibits are organized in units, in chronological order from the Copper Age until today. There is also a special exhibition of sea environment, with a rich collection of shells from different places of the world.
What is included in this tour?
- An electric Trikke vehicle
- English speaking Escort
- Protective helmets
- Bottled water
- Safety instructions and brief orientation at the beginning
- Photos sent to you for free electronically after the tour
- Entrances fees of all the museums
- Third party liability insurance
What is not included in this tour.
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Participants’ transfer to the activity’s starting point
- Price per person: 68€
- Schedule: All Year. Every Day
- Location: Chania, Crete
- Duration: Approximately 2 hours
- Starting Point: Episkopou Chrysanthou 37 str. Chania, Crete, Greece
- Children Price: Children 5-11 years old: Free
Children 12 + years old: Adult price