- Vine-harvest in our family vineyard
- Take part in wine-making process
- Hear stories and origins behind the wine-making tradition
- Secret rooms will present Crete through the ages
- Wine tasting combined with cheese platters of different Cretan varieties
- Taste freshly made dinner along with good Cretan wine
- Enjoy the fantastic view of Aegean Sea and the mountain around
- A nice surprise at the end
The wine-making tradition in Crete has very deep roots! From the ancient Minoans till the modern times vine-harvest is a big and unique celebration. This tour is designed and written from the hosts’ childhood memories. You will take part in the wine-making process in the traditional old-fashioned way! The miracle of wine-making with its secrets will be revealed in front of your eyes!
Starting from the family vineyard you will harvest the local varieties of grapes like “Romeiko”, “Vidiano”, “Vilana”, “Kotsifali” and “Mantilari”. It is a unique procedure and a great celebration because locals are singing and dancing traditional Cretan songs. These voices and songs are echoing. The White Mountains are hearing. It is so hard to describe these feelings. You will only understand if you experience it!
Afterwards you will visit the family “Home”. It is a traditional Cretan house, built in the beginning of 19th century and fully restored. It will make you feel the Cretan hospitality and share with you many things about the Cretan traditions. Secret rooms will present you Crete through the centuries. The old cellar is waiting for new produced wine, so the procedure begins. The treadle is ready and all together is stepping on the grapes with our feet. The first juice of the grapes appears and we continue smashing them. After a long smashing procedure the grapes have to stay with the juice. All they want is a rose or mid red color.
Now the feast begins! You will have a traditional Cretan dinner enjoying the local delicacies with a lot of wine! It was a hard working day but the dinner will make up for it!
What is included in this tour
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- English speaking, local escort
- Wine and food tasting
- Liability insurance and local taxes.
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Small-group tour
- Winemaking process
- Photos taken on tour are sent electronically via e-mail
What is not included in this tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Additional food and drinks
- Price per person: 85€
- Schedule: August & September – 25/08/2019 & 08/09/2019
- Location: Chania
- Duration: Approximately 8 hours
- Children price: Children 2-12 years old : 65€
Terms & Conditions:
- Wine tasting is not allowed for children under 18 years old. Water or fresh orange juice will be offered instead.
- The company reserves the right to make minor changes in the program when this is considered necessary, for example in case of unfavorable weather conditions. This can be done without prior notice.
- Reservations must be made 24 hours before the tour. A cancellation must be done 5 days before the tour. In case of later cancellations, no refund will be made from the company.
- If a tour is cancelled due to few participants or bad weather conditions, the company will refund 100% of made payments
Create Your Private Tour with Us:
If you wish to book your own wine tour with your family or friends, we will be happy to create with you the schedule and give you some nice ideas for a memorable tour. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for a unique offer. Every Day Upon Request (Min pax: 8)
Don’t forget to bring with you:
- Comfortable clothing and shoes
- One more t-shirt and treasures
- Good socks