- Wine tasting in Cretan and international varieties
- Visit the traditional old cellar
- Incredible museum exhibits
- Details about winemaking tradition in Crete and the art of food pairing
- Delicious gastronomy experiences
- Learn about local viticulture, grapes, and vine-growing
- Chauffeured private tour ensures a more relaxing and personal experience
- Learn how to properly taste wine and sample organic varietals paired with locally produced meat or cheese
- Discover the history and mythology of Crete
You will be starting the tour from Chania city center around 10:00 in the morning, heading to a magnificent and historical hill where you can admire the panoramic view of the town. The wine roads of Chania are leading you to an extraordinary monastery, in the foothills of an old mountain range, built in 17th century by two monks from the ancient traditional Cretan family. The architecture of the building is inspired by famous Veronese architect Sebastiano Serlio. It was burned by the Turks in 1821 and restored in 1892.
The monastery has a great history and massive tradition in winemaking and olive oil production. The monks produce Cretan and international varieties of wine like “Romeiko”, “Muscat of Alexandria”, “Trebianno”, “Cabernet” etc. Taste the extra virgin olive oil on traditional Cretan rusk with own-made cheese and fresh tomato accompanied with the best Cretan wine varieties. Also inside the monastery there are two museums with magnificent treasures.One will show you the history of the monastery and the other one will present you the Cretan way of life and the wine-making in back in the days.
After leaving the monastery with a unique taste on your palate you will visit the beach of “Stavros” where Antony Quinn danced in Zorbas the Greek movie.
What is included in this tour
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- English speaking, local driver/guide and wine specialists
- Entrance fee for the Monastery and museums
- Wine and food tasting
- Liability insurance and local taxes.
- Certified services with ISO:9001
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Small-group tour
What is not included in this tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Additional food and drinks
- Price per person: 68 €
- Schedule: All year. Every day upon request
- Minimum participation: 5 people
- Location: Chania, Crete
- Duration: Approximately 4 hours
- Pick-up times: 09:00-09:45
- Tour starts: 10:00
- Children price: Children 2-6 years old: Free
Children 7-12 years old: 50€
Terms & Conditions:
- Wine tasting is not allowed for children under 18 years old. Water or fresh orange juice will be offered instead.