- Discover the secrets of local products
- Increase your tasting memory and add new flavors in it
- Explore the mainland and the villages of Chania
- Visit small family businesses and meet the local producers
- Taste the Cretan olive oil, Raki, cheese, honey and a lot of other delicacies
- Analytic descriptions of goods production
- A day full of tastings and wonderful landscapes
- Learn about the history and culture of Crete
This will be an unforgettable tasting day for you and your friends exploring the mainland of Chania and discovering the non-touristic locations of Apokoronas province. In a few hours you‘ll have the chance to meet the local producers and taste the pure and authentic delicacies of Crete.
The tour will start from a local olive mill where you will observe the olive oil production and learn the secrets of the finest quality of olive oil, the extra virgin one. Analytic descriptions will make you understand everything about olive oil form the harvesting to your palate. Gorgeous tastes and flavors. Then, leaving the olive mill, you will get in touch with “Tsikoudia” or “Raki” production, the most famous Cretan spirit by visiting a local distillery in Xirosterni village. The tour of the old traditional distillery and the new professional one, will give you an idea about “holy water’s” production and a tasting will follow of course.
Through an amazing route passing by villages of the province you will arrive in the foothills of the White mountains. In the village of Embrosneros you will first stop in a bakery to taste the local bread, cookies and biscuits and then to a traditional cheese factory. The secrets of “Graviera”, “Anthotiros” and “Mizithra” cheese will be revealed in front of your eyes. After the explanation of each cheese’s production you will taste them combined with local honey and rusk (dry bread).
The last stop will be in a local coffee shop (“Kafeneio”) where the Cretans enjoying also meals. Incredible flavors and traditional recipes are waiting for you in the charming square of the village of Fres. This light lunch will introduce you a lot of elements of Cretan cuisine and gastronomy. People say that, taste is our best sense. After this tour your tasting memory will be increased and full of new flavors!!
What is included in this tour?
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- English speaking, local driver/guide
- Olive mill: tour & tasting
- Raki distillery: tour & tasting
- Cheese factory: tour & tasting
- Bakery: tour & tastings
- Traditional Cretan lunch
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Small-group tour
What is not included in this tour?
- Gratuities (optional)
- Price per person: 84€
- Schedule: All Year Everyday upon request
- Location: Chania, Crete
- Duration: Approximately 6 hours
- Pick up times: 09:00-09:30
- Tour Starts: 09:30
Terms & Conditions:
- Wine tasting is not allowed for children under 18 years old. Water or fresh orange juice will be offered instead.
- The company reserves the right to make minor changes in the program when this is considered necessary, for example in case of unfavorable weather conditions. This can be done without prior notice.
- Reservations must be made 24 hours before the tour. A cancellation must be done 5 days before the tour. In case of later cancellations, no refund will be made from the company.
- If a tour is cancelled due to few participants or bad weather conditions, the company will refund 100% of made payments.
- In case of allergies or food preferences please inform the company in advance.
Create Your Private Tour with Us:
If you wish to book your own tour with your family or friends, we will be happy to create with you the schedule and give you some nice ideas for a memorable tour. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for a unique offer.