- Discover the secrets of the local grapes inside a vineyard
- Experience wines of Greece in a traditional house introduced by a wine specialist
- Visit the family cheese factory and discover the cheese-making posses
- Taste the local cheese like “Graviera” or “Mizithra”
- Explore a local family winery and tour around the facilities of the place
- Wine tasting in Cretan and international varieties
- Visit the traditional old cellar inside the cave
- Details about winemaking tradition in Crete and the art of food pairing
- Learn about local viticulture, grapes, and vine-growing
- Small-group tour ensures a more relaxing and personal experience
- Delicious gastronomy experiences and traditional Cretan lunch in a village
Driving up to the foothills of the White Mountains, you’ll feel the environment changing while you are heading to the first destination. Inside a family vineyard, wine specialist will introduce the local grape varieties. Analyzing the wine making tradition you’ll get a lot of useful information. You will continue with wine tasting of Greek labels in a traditional village house. By discovering rear ancient grape varieties and the modern type of Greek wines you will definitely feel flawless.
The next stop will be in a traditional Cretan village, situated in the altitude of 300m. There you will experience a local family cheese factory. After the tour of the factory you will taste the cheese varieties like ”Graviera”, “Anthotiros” or “Mizithra” and you will be in touch with the cheese-making process. There will be a combination of cheese tasting with Cretan dry-bread and “raki – tsikoudia” that you’ll love.
A few minutes from the village is the local winery. There you will meet the specialists of the awarded “Romeiko” variety. You will taste wine varieties like “Vidiano”, “Vilana”, “Malvazia” and “Kotsifali”. The winery provides a great view of the White Mountains and an impressive art gallery. There, you can see an ancient treadle, which is aged 500 years old, and walk around the herbal garden and the museum of traditional Cretan exhibits. Moving underground, feeling the heartbeat of the White Mountains, you will visit the cellar which is inside the cave where steadfast rocks cover the cylinder bottles. Tasting is following and with a satisfied palate, we are off to the final stop for lunch. In the charming square of a traditional Cretan village you will experience the local cuisine. Full of incredible tastes the tour is coming to its end leaving us the best memories.
What is included in this tour
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Bottled water per person
- English speaking, local driver/escort and wine specialist
- Wine and food tasting
- Cheese tasting
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Traditional Cretan lunch
- Small-group tour (up to 18pax)
What is not included in this tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Additional food and drinks
- Schedule: All year – Every Thursday and Saturday
- Location: Chania, Crete
- Duration: Approximately 6 hours
- Minimum participation: 2pax
- Maximum participation: 18pax
- Tour type: Small group tour
*Note: There is availability for private tours upon request
- Available languages: English
- Pick-up times: 08:40-10:00 am
- Tour starts: 10:15 am
Terms & Conditions:
- Wine tasting is not allowed for children under 18 years old. Water or fresh orange juice will be offered instead.
- The company reserves the right to make minor changes in the program when this is considered necessary, for example in case of unfavorable weather conditions. This can be done without prior notice.
- Reservations must be made 12 hours before the tour. A cancellation must be done 5 days before the tour for 50% refund. In case of later cancellations, no refund will be made from the company.
- If a tour is cancelled due to low participation or bad weather conditions, the company will refund 100% of made payments
- In case of allergies, tolerances or food preferences please inform the company in advance.
Create Your Private Tour with Us:
If you wish to book your own wine tour with your family or friends, we will be happy to create with you the schedule and give you some nice ideas for a memorable tour. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for a unique offer.