- Wine tasting in Cretan and international varieties
- Visit the traditional old cellar
- Details about winemaking tradition in Crete and the art of food pairing
- Explore the cellar of the winery inside an old cave near the heart of the mountain
- Walk through the winery’s herbal garden and the art gallery
- Learn about local viticulture, grapes, and vine-growing
- Learn how to properly taste wine and sample organic varietals paired with locally produced meats or cheeses
- Discover the Cretan tradition and admire the unique museum exhibits
- Visit the cheese factory and discover the secrets of cheese-making posses
- Taste the local cheese like “Graviera” or “Mizithra”
- Chauffeured private tour ensures a more relaxing and personal experience
- Delicious gastronomy experiences and traditional Cretan lunch
The most amazing things will happen at Apokoronas region. A day full of wine, gastronomy and history. First you will visit a charming village, which has the historical – traditional museum of Apokoronas, with 7 rooms of Cretan history and great descriptions about the way of living in the past. There you can learn how the locals lifestyle use to be back in the days, admire the traditional Cretan house and old everyday tools they used to work with. You will also discover the old and special knitting technique of “Kopaneli”!
Driving up to the foothills of the White Mountains, feeling the environment changing while you are heading to the local winery. There you will meet the specialists of the awarded “Romeiko”. Its production performed with a special way and its taste will blow your mind. Also you will taste other wine varieties like “Vidiano”, “Vilana”, “Malvazia” and “Kotsifali”. The winery possesses a great view of the White Mountains and an impressive art gallery. There, you can see an ancient treadle, which is 500 years old, and walk around the herbal garden and the museum of traditional Cretan exhibits. Moving underground, feeling the heartbeat of the White Mountains, you will visit the cellar which is inside the cave where steadfast rocks cover the cylinder bottles.
The next stop will be in Emprosneros, the cradle of the Cretan revolution against the Ottomans. You will admire the ruins of Alidakis tower andl visit the local cheese factory. After the tour of the factory you will taste the local cheese varieties like”Graviera”, “Anthotiros” or “Mizithra” and you will have the opportunity to observe the cheese-making process. There will be a combination of cheese tasting with Cretan rusk and “raki” or “rakomelo”! You are definitely hungry, so the next stop will be a local “kafeneio” in Fres village where you will have a traditional Cretan lunch.
What is included in this tour
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- English speaking, local driver/guide and wine specialists
- Museum entrance fee
- Wine and food tasting
- Cheese tasting
- Liability insurance and local taxes
- Certified services with ISO:9001
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Cretan traditional lunch
- Small-group tour
What is not included in this tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Additional food and drinks
- Price per person: 80€
- Schedule: All year. Every Thursday and Saturday
- Location: Chania, Crete
- Duration: Approximately 6 hours
- Pick-up times: 09:00-09:30
- Tour starts: 09:30
- Children Price: Children 2-6 years old: Free
Children 7-12 years old: 55€
Terms & Conditions:
- Wine tasting is not allowed for children under 18 years old. Water or fresh orange juice will be offered instead.
- The company reserves the right to make minor changes in the program when this is considered necessary, for example in case of unfavorable weather conditions. This can be done without prior notice.
- Reservations must be made 24 hours before the tour. A cancellation must be done 5 days before the tour. In case of later cancellations, no refund will be made from the company.
- If a tour is cancelled due to few participants or bad weather conditions, the company will refund 100% of made payments
Create Your Private Tour with Us:
If you wish to book your own wine tour with your family or friends, we will be happy to create with you the schedule and give you some nice ideas for a memorable tour. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for a unique offer.