Hiking Safari Mile Cave and the Northern Side of the White MountainsVisit the Mile Cave and the Northern Side of the White Mountains of Crete
On the northern side of the White Mountains and just 20 kilometres away from the town of Chania there is a mountainous paradise.
Leaving beautiful Kabous behind, we climb to Madaro and from there we enter the dirt road that will lead us to the northern heart of the White Mountains. The view multiplies every meter we ascend and after 8 kilometers the 4 wheels are replaced by 2 feet… Vegetation is scarce anymore, rocks are sharp but the positive energy of the place is such that you can only keep climbing to the top. Before we even sweat we stop for a break at the Volikas refuge, which is the oldest in Crete, and with a view to the Northern side of Chania we enjoy a cup of coffee or mountain tea.
Afterwards, we tie our shoelaces really well as the climb awaits. A little above and within the mountainous terrain there is a natural cool oasis with an eternal glacier standing for whole centuries in the beautiful cave of Mile , an ideal spot to sip our tea gazing at Chania from above. Ending our day with a barbeque lunch at Volikas refuge, before we follow the road back to Chania.
- Ideal for hiking or trekking groups, single or couple participants who are experienced in hiking.
- The trip has 20 minutes walking to the refuge and 1:30 hour walking up to Mile cave.
- The trip has guided stops every 30 to 40 minutes
- The trip is not recommended under 13 years old.
- Don’t forget your trekking equipment, a water flask, sun cream, and your camera.
- Free hotel pick up and drop off.
- English speaking group guide-drivers.
- Coffee or mountain tea.
- Lunch in Volikas refuge (Barbeque).
- Liability Insurance and Local Taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
|Hiking Tour Info|
|Timetable||On Request April - June, September - October|
|Duration||Approx. 9 hrs|
|Covered distance||135 km|
|Level of difficulty||Medium|
|Prices||From 13- 99 Adults: 115.00€
All prices are per person and include VAT
all the following fields are required